Platy's digging?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 3 platy's that keep burrowing under plants and rocks in my tank. Is this normal?

Anyone? I'm really starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my fish. The dig down into the gravel and just lay there all day. As soon as I feed them they come out and act normal and then go right back to the gravel.

img_1851607_0_b96a85a28cd0139398014f03261b095a.jpg

I noticed that every one that is doing this is a pregnant female. Could they be getting ready to have babies?

Usually females don't do that when they are about to give birth, but when they do give birth they will rest on something, how many female are you seeing doing this?

Usually females don't do that when they are about to give birth, but when they do give birth they will rest on something, how many female are you seeing doing this?

3 of them. They stay laying down until I feed them and then they act perfectly normal. All my other platy's are fine.

Hmm how Preggo are they?

I dont think they are pregnant enough to be giving birth anytime soon. Pregnant enough to show though. I'll try and get some pics of them tomorrow when the lighting is better because I am new to breeding them. My first bunch of fry came out ok so I'm hoping to catch the next bunch in time.

If your a new breeder see the thread in my signature is can help you

It may be another personality thing lol

I couldnt find 2 of my platy's just now so I moved my bubble bar and they had literally burrowed themselves underneath it. They are ALL swimming with their fins tight to thier bodies. Something isnt right,

Sorry for the double post but I just noticed that alot of them have whitish spots that almost look like mold or furry. It doesnt look like ick spots. What is wrong with my fish? :(

What color is thoernpoo

Te fins clamped means stress

You might have some disease on your hands, I'd what though

Back
Top Bottom