Platys, neons and guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amandap79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I'm just wondering your thoughts. I have three female platys and six neon tetras. I have space for two more little fish and was thinking of guppies. However, I have heard that guppies and platys can inter breed, like different temperature water and might be a little territorial.

Is this true and if so, what other small, colourful tropical fish would you suggest.

Thanks, Amanda

Hello. I'm just wondering your thoughts. I have three female platys and six neon tetras. I have space for two more little fish and was thinking of guppies. However, I have heard that guppies and platys can inter breed, like different temperature water and might be a little territorial.

Is this true and if so, what other small, colourful tropical fish would you suggest.

Thanks, Amanda
I agree with Bill that platys would be fine. They do not interbreed with guppies. Keep the platys the same gender to avoid stress issues just like with guppies. I have absolutely never had a platy be territoial at all.

no guppies and platys don't interbreed but if you do want ot breed the guppies then i would recmend you get 2-3 females per male because the male will chase a female to death trying to mate with her having more than one female will fix this problem

Back
Top Bottom