Play tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abiduwhabi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a tank just to play with, mostly aquascape. I'm really liking the looks of the 12 gallon long but I'm not for sure if I can justify to my wife buying an 80 dollar tank that will take up 3 foot of space and can only hold a few fish. (She's not feeling the whole shrimp tank thing.) :(
Then I could grab a 20 long for around 30 bucks, but it's not as clean as the 12.

You guys have any other ideas on a tank with a fun footprint?

Probably going to end up using dirt for the substrate, pressurized CO2, more than likely canister filtered, with T5 lighting, and dry ferts.

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a tank just to play with, mostly aquascape. I'm really liking the looks of the 12 gallon long but I'm not for sure if I can justify to my wife buying an 80 dollar tank that will take up 3 foot of space and can only hold a few fish. (She's not feeling the whole shrimp tank thing.) :(
Then I could grab a 20 long for around 30 bucks, but it's not as clean as the 12.

You guys have any other ideas on a tank with a fun footprint?

Probably going to end up using dirt for the substrate, pressurized CO2, more than likely canister filtered, with T5 lighting, and dry ferts.

To be honest I dont think either of those sounds very fun. Too shallow. I have always though bowfronts were fun.

Back
Top Bottom