Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benandjon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

Ok so here's the thing. I foolishly have 2 serpae tetras in my community tank. I know that they need to be in a larger group so I've tried in vain to rehome them and they are now bullying other members of the tank. So here's the question: what the hell should I do? I can get hold of another smaller tank which has been cycled.... Is it worth putting them in a smaller tank alone? I'm really stuck as to what to do! :-(

Oh sorry I should have said. If I put more in I think I'd be overstocked?

umm, could you tell me what you have in the tank and the size of it? and what is the size of the smaller tank and what's in there

Currently the smaller has nothing in it and is 12litres.

The larger is 110litres and has 4 neon, 4minnow, 2 rams, 2 plecs, 2 serpaes, 7 RCS and the occasional snail! Lol

just to let you know, the plecos get over a foot long and the tetras and minnows like a group of 6-8 theres plenty of room for more tetras but i would take out those plecos before putting more fish in, there are better suckerfish out there that stay under a few inches big

Sorry it's actually otocinclus :) oh and Gorky the two male guppies?

guppies are better in groups but theyre not schooling fish so they're fine. otos are a great algae eater lol they are so passive they'd never bother another fish

Back
Top Bottom