Please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 3 Koi in my 60 gallon tank. I've had them for around two weeks. The problem is the never leave the back left corner. It's so aggravating, they don't ever go anywhere else

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121023_224441.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121023_224441.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 100
Koi do not belong in aquariums. They realistically are only suitable to large ponds (500-1000g per fish). They can grow 3+ft long and live over 200yrs with proper care. What are your numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph?

EveryIng is just right. The ph is a little high.
I changed my power head and now they are moving around a little more. I pointed it right at their corner! Lol

Maybe if koi aren't meant to be in aquariums (going by the previous response) it could be because they feel cramped? I don't really know, never kept koi, sorry I can't help anymore

They are small. They been in aquariums their whole life. I can understand if they were a foot long but they aren't.

They will grow. We've raised some fingerling Koi (thats what small ones are called) in a 220g tank over the winter a couple years ago and they grew alot. They went to the largest pond with the big koi's (20+ inches) and they have grown alot more. You can stunt them with too small a tank and they do best when fingerlings to be fed a diet of growth food and fresh veggies. They need excellent filtration as they produce high amounts of waste (we used 2-Fluval FX5's and the biggest HOB Wisper they make) and still did 50% WC's weekly.

random question; is that a rock on the right side of your tank? if it is, what kind is it and where did you get it? it looks awesome, like a mini mountain

Yes it is, it's a piece of Texas holey rock. I bought it from random dude. I think you can find them online

Back
Top Bottom