Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grocery stores have self fill stations which are generally r/o filtered, carbon filtered, and then ran through a UV sterilizer. This is how I buy water for my salt tank.

My friend in my area does that too cuz he can't work with the 2-4ppm of ammonia our water tests out as he does it for his Oscar fish. So far my tank has handled it well...except when I killed my bb and currently am re cycling with a fully stocked tank...50% water changes ever 1-2 days.
Also op don't treat for any sickness till u know for sure...and if u do have ich or something ask here before treating cuz there are many ways...I go the med less ways if I can cuz that's what killed my good bacteria and caused a **** storm of ph problems and ammonia/nitrite spikes that's driving me bonkers...

Look around at pictures of some of the different fish sicknesses and figure out if anything matches what you're seeing. Aside from ich I'm not really aware of anything that would cause "bubble" looking growth on fish.

It might be nothing it's just something I noticed that was odd yesterday on the tetra and now she's gone. Any idea about the drooping tail fin

Thank you guys so much I am so new I this and the 22 Molly babies this morning kinda sent me over the stress edge lol. This is a picture of my Molly and the tetra that died from this afternoon you can't really see the bubbles

Ur fish look good. From the pic u have lotsa bubbles....Try the water ideas we had..which ever will work for you and ur fish keeping the best!
My tank is my first ever tank and I have had unwittingly started fish in...cuz fish store said its all good...then got ich...then killed my bacteria...then had below 6ph reading ...now completely recycling my tank...who is 3 months old with 21 fish and one lone surviving ghost shrimp..who when the tank is finished recycling will get buddies

ForumRunner_20130930_014039.jpg

For clamped fins it could be a lot of things such as internal bacteria or parasite. It's terrible trying to dose and cure internal problems.

I'm not familiar with mollies- are the white dots on the tail fin normal?
Also, I'm in Australia, but I bought a couple of api master test kits off amazon today for $16 each. It's cheaper to ship it here than buy them locally for $45-$50 each.

I have absolutely racked my brain trying to figure out what might be wrong. I have a feeling it might be swim bladder as he struggles to swim vertically then sinks as well he will not eat and looks bloated. So I have added aquarium salt and put him in a breeding net I plan on not feeding him for two days then giving him some crush up peas hopefully this will help

Am I reading this right that your using only RO water in your tank? If you are and your not remineralizing it I can't imagine what your ph might be. Your ph might be so low you have no biological activity and mollies can't tolerate low ph well at all. It's fine to use straight RO but you have to use a product like Seachem's Replenish to add minerals back into the water.

It honestly looks like ich. I battled it for about 4 days. Lost one fish in my community. Darn you pets mart.

The salt isn't needed. I raised my temp to 87 degrees, for 5 days. Most people recommend to do that for 2 weeks.

The parasite dies at 86. I had 2 mollies, and 2 barbs at the time. Just slowly raise the temp. Or if your nervous, quarantine them. A degree 1/2 every 12 hours or so is how I did it.

What if that's not it? Will I hurt them if I try and treat for that and that's not it?

Back
Top Bottom