Please help... existing tank is cloudy...what would cause this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have a 29 gallon freshwater... set it up over 3 months ago... i have a AC 70 filter..using the foam, then floss, then carbon then the bio thingys... change carbon every three weeks or so..... in the tank i have 10 zebra danios, 6 peppered corys, 2 small upside down cat fish, 1 dwarf quomie and a small bristlenose pleco.. I understand im probably at about max limit for a 29 gallon tank.... I do a PWC once per week.. i change 6 gallons every week.... I do have a nice piece of driftwood in the tank... i boiled it for two days to get the tannins out... its been in tank over two months now.. i understand this is causing the slight yellowish color to tank and is the reason i use carbon, but why is my tank not crystal clear? it has not been ever...all water numbers are good..i use a test kit all the time on the tank.. does the tannins make the water alittle cloudy? it just doesnt look crystal clear like it should..not bad and maybe im being pickey but still.... should i unload some fish? would this cause it? i vaccum the gravel every week.... thanks again..

i may add, i properly cycled tank..i slowly added these fish over three months

Back
Top Bottom