Please Help ID Fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvijay07

Aquarium Advice Freak
For sure I know these are Catfish. However, they are creamish Orange colored and about an inch in length. I got them about a month ago from a LFS. Their eyes are also of whitish, redding, orange color. I would appreciate web-site/full details about them. Thanks.

Vijay

That is the exact fish !! Thanks for IDing it fast.

Like all Corydoras, they are best kept in a group, where they will be bolder and more active.

I have 3 of them in a 20G long along with other community fish. Is this OK ? Thanks.

Here is the About.com link for these fish. It says in this page that I need to have 6 or more of them. I have 3 and have only room for 3. How will this affect them ?

Do all corys need such company ?

Also when I feed them, my other fish eat most food and the Corys are basically eating the microworms etc., at the bottom of the tank. Is this ok ? I also have sinking Spirulina pellets, however they eat them only once a week or so. Offered more often, these pellets are untouched.

http://freshaquarium.about.com/library/profiles/blfw0122.htm

Vijay

I know when I was growing up my Cory Cat loved sinking shrimp pellets. They also make a pellet specially designed for cat fish. I never knew they needed to be in groups. If anyone knows more about that let me know. I was thinking I needed a catfish too.

Yea, cory cats definitely should not be kept by themselves. Having a group of three should be fine though. I only have two, and although they would probably be happier if I could have more, I realistically can't, and they do just fine. I think the misconception that is most harmful to cories is that they can be kept one to a tank, for the sole purpose of acting as a clean up crew. They need company of their own kind to be happy, as well as to be fed w/ sinking pellets. I feed my cories sinking pellets only about twice a week, because they make the tank dirty. They do find food my gourami doesn't eat, but he is such a pig that they really need to be given their own food.

i have had 2 albino cory's for over a year now and they have been my only survivors of every tank disaster possible. theyre really hardy and my 2 seem to do fine with each other. they play alot and love to swim along the glass and dash to the surface to gulp air. they are the fattest fish in my tank. :D

Back
Top Bottom