Please help me come up with an asking price for some stuff..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boojumsnark25

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need some extra cash so I'm lessening my fish room a little bit. I want to sell the following things...

33 gallon flat back hex aquarium. Comes with a hood, heater, skilter 250 filter, 40 pounds of sand and 5 very large pieces of white dead coral. Also has an oak stand

29 Gallon setup that comes with a hood, heater, 110 dollar castle ornament, 30 pounds of gravel, and an aqua-tech 20-40 filter. Comes with a stand that retails for about 130.

55 gallon aquarium, just the tank, heater, and whisper triad 60 filter.

Everything works and the tanks are in excellent condition. No scratches or anything. I want to put ads out to try and sell it, but I have no idea what a good, fair asking price would be. Any ideas?

Where are you located? Maybe someone here can make you an offer locally.

Now might not be the best time as PetCo is selling tanks for $1/gallon for tanks 20-55 gallons in size. It's only going on through this weekend I believe, so list afterwards.

Check out your local craigslist to see what people are listing similar setups for. Search both "aquarium" and "fish tank" and you'll find more listings.

just wondering, is there a classifieds section on this site? I looked around but c ouldn't find it. Hope that isn't a stupid question!

thanks. it says I need special access to post there. How do i get special access?

I had very good luck on eBay selling my 55 gallon. This was for the hoods, tank and a Penguin 400 HOB filter, all used about 6 months. Everything worked and I cleaned it well. I started it at $75, and actually got more than I paid for it.

If your stuff is in excellent condition and cleaned, I would start at half its original value. If it's a little worn or dirty, a bit less. If it's really a mess, then maybe a third of its cost when new. The ornament you might want to sell separately, as that is a matter of taste and you would probly get more for it that way.

I would always go to eBay first (with the "pickup only" option, of course) if trying to sell tank setups.

plecoperson said:
I had very good luck on eBay selling my 55 gallon. This was for the hoods, tank and a Penguin 400 HOB filter, all used about 6 months. Everything worked and I cleaned it well. I started it at $75, and actually got more than I paid for it.

If your stuff is in excellent condition and cleaned, I would start at half its original value. If it's a little worn or dirty, a bit less. If it's really a mess, then maybe a third of its cost when new. The ornament you might want to sell separately, as that is a matter of taste and you would probly get more for it that way.

I would always go to eBay first (with the "pickup only" option, of course) if trying to sell tank setups.

may I ask how much you got for it?

Back
Top Bottom