Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2017, 01:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Please help my fish is dying one after one

hello I posted here maybe I am right or wrong because this is the first post to me, My story is I have tank 47 gallon freshwater but I had 5 paroon shark 2 of them thay dead already.
From last 2 months my fish suffering from disease like White line skin, on some stores thay give me medication Api company ,pimafix does not work and then i try malfix it was work only one for a month and it doesn't work anymore after the disease is coming back , and I use fungus cure now they are under treatment but it seems doesn't work too, I don't know they have bacteria or fungus!,

I will show the picture even that I have it on video but I don't know how to upload it please advise me , my fish is dying , the ammonia level it was a high before but after I am change the water now no more ammonia it's a zero the water condition is good because I give sample to the store to test the water and they said it's good , but they don't understand what the fish thay have ,and no knowledge what is the disease they let me to spend a lot of money and waste my time plus my fish they dying , so please let me know, thank you

Please notes.

Picture number 4 or the green one it's indicated fish recently under medication its name fungus cure, it seems like worse than ever

Salt level it's fine
No ammonia
The tank setup more than 7 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171107_113844-1280x720.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	304994   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171107_114121-1280x720.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	304996  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171107_113841-1280x720.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	304997   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171114_003258-1280x720.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	304998  

Old 11-14-2017, 06:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

What filter are you using and what is your water change schedule?
A 7 month old tank with ammonia is not normal..
The fish you have are completely inappropriate for all but the largest commercial aquariums...
Pangasius sanitwongsei (Paroon Shark) — Seriously Fish
I would challenge your fish keeping skills with a different fish that will live and fit in your tank .

coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
What filter are you using and what is your water change schedule?
A 7 month old tank with ammonia is not normal..
The fish you have are completely inappropriate for all but the largest commercial aquariums...
Pangasius sanitwongsei (Paroon Shark) — Seriously Fish
I would challenge your fish keeping skills with a different fish that will live and fit in your tank .

Filter name Bio wheel 350 , thank you for your advice
Old 11-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Not to be over critical about your fish choice. I believe your local fish store is responsible for that. As for the apparent poor water conditions, you will soon get better at water management
after dealing with this incident.
IMO, the reason your fungus treatment is not working is simply because the ailment is not a fungus. I'm starting to sound like a stuck record regarding my advice, but that problem looks to be Columnaris. Research that disease. A fungus would be a blessing compared to a Columnaris outbreak.
IMO, if all fish are infected, go ahead and continue treating the tank. If any fish appear to be unaffected. Remove the sick fish asap, as there is little hope for them Try to save the remaining fish.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Meds will not make things better when ammonia levels are high. With ammonia levels high the fish are still breathing toxic. I'd take advice from an expert like v227 and continue meds, keep up on water changes and keep the tank clean as possible.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by V227 View Post
Not to be over critical about your fish choice. I believe your local fish store is responsible for that. As for the apparent poor water conditions, you will soon get better at water management
after dealing with this incident.
IMO, the reason your fungus treatment is not working is simply because the ailment is not a fungus. I'm starting to sound like a stuck record regarding my advice, but that problem looks to be Columnaris. Research that disease. A fungus would be a blessing compared to a Columnaris outbreak.
IMO, if all fish are infected, go ahead and continue treating the tank. If any fish appear to be unaffected. Remove the sick fish asap, as there is little hope for them Try to save the remaining fish.
Thanks for your advice, after searching I found pictures similar to the symptoms in my fish as you suggestion , now I change water 50% yesterday and i put malfix it's seem to be they are better little bit but the question is why the ammonia return back ? No much waste ,no a lot food ,change water regularly special now I do it twice a week to reduce ammonia.

So what's the right medication for this disease, melafix it seemed doing reduce symptoms but did not kill bacteria

In my mind I want to try triple sulfa but I don't know I need something antibiotic to treating them or what?!
Old 11-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angellove78 View Post
Meds will not make things better when ammonia levels are high. With ammonia levels high the fish are still breathing toxic. I'd take advice from an expert like v227 and continue meds, keep up on water changes and keep the tank clean as possible.
Watch medication I need to use?. by the way I have almost zero level of ammonia.thank you
Old 11-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Proper meds for columnaris are kanamycin and furan2 both used together.
One of the best links on it;
Fish Columnaris | Fungus & Saprolegnia | Treatment & Prevention
and another interesting read;
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/column...-11839118.html
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

API FURAN -2. It will probably damage your BB, and cause a mini cycle. You might try lowering the water temp. To 74-75 degrees, adding aquarium salt as well. Your I. Sharks are very strong fish and might survive the treatment, but don't count on it. I've never been Able to cure Columnaris in an infected fish. I have been Able to prevent seemingly unaffected fish sharing the same infected tank from getting the disease by euthanizing the obvious doomed fish, then upping the WC's for a couple of weeks. Hope things level out soon.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralbandit View Post
Proper meds for columnaris are kanamycin and furan2 both used together.
One of the best links on it;
Fish Columnaris | Fungus & Saprolegnia | Treatment & Prevention
and another interesting read;
http://www.myaquariumclub.com/column...-11839118.html
big thanks. I just did a search on Google and they give me right medication as you said.
Now the water is green from fungus cure medication and I put
yesterday melafix, so how to deal with a new medication do I need change water or just start this medication.

Tags
fish, dying, dyi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com