Please Help ... Turtle is threatening other Turtle !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been begun constructing my new design for my turtle tank. Any way I keep on refering to the tank for measurments etc and I noticed the larger of the two turtle right up in the others face shaking its front legs/claws at the smaller one. 8O . the bigger one then sort of ehadbutted the smaller one, very lightly though it wasnt very aggresive. What is going on.

Have they been digging so the bigger can bury the little one lol :? 8O

Please help asap

I don't know the first thing about turtles....but, isn't digging a preface to egg laying? If so, is this some elaborate dating ritual?

I know what they're doing. That's the way turtles communicate. They ususally do tthat to find a mate.

Agreed....sounds like pre-mating or territorial behaviour.....do worry unless you see them actually giving each other some serious bites.

Ok :) ... Thanx alot everyone lol - panic is over. Do you think they are male and female then from there behaviour ?

Not neccessarily.....compare their front 'toenails' and their tails....males tend to have long front claws and longer, more narrow tails than females.

I agree as well. My turtles first starting doing this before I witnessed their first attempts at mating. I think they are still just practicing though, and in a few months maybe they'll finally get the hang of it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom