Please Help ... What is going on ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, Sorry I have not post any thing for a couple of days but I started college on Tuesday and have alot of work LOL. This means I have not really had time to keep an eye on my tanks regarding behavior. Feeds and water changes etc... have been normal just not much viewing :(. Any way I have just looked at my discus tank and my bolivian rams are doing great and colour is back :) but I am not sure on my discus. 3 of them were begging for there food but the other one(large dominant one) was in a little area. Which he was displaying in (Raising fins and twitching) and pecking every one who entered the space. He also seemed to be some what fanning the plant stems (not sure though) and then when I looked closer there are really small white things on them (like eggs). I dont know if they are eggs or not but only the male is bothering with them and I thought that with discus the male and female both did. So does this rule out that they are eggs if so please could some one explain the behavior.

Thank you

Sorry to post again so soon but they are not eggs I just checked i.e. removed the plant lol. The big discus came out of his area started twitching at the other 3 (that were all bowing) and then went back into the area again for a little bit.

Please could some one explain this behaviour.

This sounds like spawning behavior to me, and guarding a spawning site. If these are young fish they may have a couple of false starts while they get their act together and develop a bond.

Back
Top Bottom