please help with options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need some help with options for a tank. My fiancé decided to take over one of my 55g tanks(after a year of trying to get her in to it), but my prob is she won't listen to me. She buys whatever fish she thinks is "pretty" and puts them in. She doesn't wanna fill out the stocks or move any fish to my other 2 tanks(she just won't listen). So now to my problem- she wants a centerpiece that has decient size.(I've talked her outta aggressive fish like peacocks, flowerhorn, tiger barbs(I know they r semi but you understand), red devils, etc. I know there's too much activity in the tank but that's 1 part she likes n is why she doesn't wanna change anything.

Current stock:
6- rainbows(2 bosemani, 4 tourquoise)
4-golden wonder killifish
4-black neons
2-emporer tetras(was 6)
4-prestella tetras
3-cherry barbs
4-serpae tetras
4-buenos aires tetras
6-corys
2-swordtails
3-platys
1-Molly
1-bristlenose pleco

If any1 has any possible ideas it would be very appreciated

If she doesn't listen to you, then she's not going to listen to me....but that tank is OVERSTOCKED!

I am planning on moving the buenos aires, emporer, cherry barbs and black neons to my 40g breeder when she goes away in a few day she prob won't notice the difference wen she get back that's y I'm askin bout a possibe centerpiece

The only way I got a shot of her not noticing is if I get sone kind of colorful centerpiece for her not to realize that the other fish are gone

Would I be able to add a groumi(larger species) or is there anything else I can add that gets a little bigger then 5" cause she wants something bigger than our molly(which is 6" now)? I showed her the 4 species of rams that I know and she didn't think they were "colorful" enough.

If rams are out ... then either a Gold Gourami or either a Red-Tail or Rainbow shark. Please note both of those types are territorial and not sure how the sharks will react with a bristle nose pleco.

I agree ... rehome some of those to your 40breeder ... she'd probably not even notice:angel:.

If rams are out ... then either a Gold Gourami or either a Red-Tail or Rainbow shark. Please note both of those types are territorial and not sure how the sharks will react with a bristle nose pleco.

I agree ... rehome some of those to your 40breeder ... she'd probably not even notice:angel:.
IMO,the shark would be fine with a bn,they dont really look alike

alLexX said:
IMO,the shark would be fine with a bn,they dont really look alike

+1. they'd be fine. They're usually much less aggressive then people give them credit for.

I just ran it by her(as far as the centerpiece not telling her bout moving anything) and she like the gold grouami but saw an opiline and 2day @ petco and also liked a "pinkish" rainbow shark

I just ran it by her(as far as the centerpiece not telling her bout moving anything) and she like the gold grouami but saw an opiline and 2day @ petco and also liked a "pinkish" rainbow shark

The pinkish rainbow's probably an albino rainbow ... same temperament, can get up to 6 inches. I like the look of the Opaline Gourami's .. very pretty fish.

So does she. now I gotta figure out which would be best for that tank cause I'm gittin 2 spotted raphaels and gotta figure where 2 put them as well as figure out what exactly to move

Ok she likes the idea of an opaline or gold groumai or an albino rainbow shark. She's leavin 2nite would a krib also work?(if I can find 1 or 2 that's not sick or dull in color)

Back
Top Bottom