Please id this Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I by chance was talking to a fellow coworker and she told me that she obtained this fish by accident with a group of goldfish (strange). Then she explained that it's in a 2 gallon bowl without a heater, filter as has had it for 1 year (yes she got the lecture ). What kind of cichlid is this?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 1431552929641.jpg
    1431552929641.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 95
Looks like a war mouth or blue gill. Don't look like a cichlid.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ohh no, really!

It's probably fine with out a heater but the bowl and filter is another story

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd say 40 breeder minimum. Bluegill are sunfish species and can be territorial. They can be messy eaters and actually get a decent size

Caleb

I'd say 40 breeder minimum. Bluegill are sunfish species and can be territorial. They can be messy eaters and actually get a decent size

Caleb

Well, I tried she said the 1" per gallon isn't true and she's gonna keep it in a 5 gallon :banghead:

I was just trying to reinforce the idea because she's a newb. Obviously you need to use your better judgment when fish keeping. I didn't make the rule I understand if you have more active fish you shouldn't have a hex tank etc. I don't totally agree with the rule either. Didn't mean to get everyone in a tizzy.

Back
Top Bottom