Please, Need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherspice

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok what I want to do is for now put all the fry in a ten gal till I can trade them in for store credit...other then the tank cycling (it is cycled)anything else I should do? they are 3 weeks I will be doing it Monday they will be almost a month.....I want to make it ok for them, so any help will be appreciated... see I have 14 molly fry and 2 swords and 2 platy, that we are keeping .so will keep them in the breeder in my 29 gal tank That has 2 swords that will be having more fry :wink: and of cause the molly who is due again in a week or so and the platy who is mighty fat again :silly: ...............but the 14 molly fry I want to put in the 10 gal holding tank, till they are of size to trade.....so any advice please?

Putting them in another tank would be a great idea. They will be happier and grow faster.

ok but what is the right way to transfer them....and will they have enough of a load to keep the tank cycled?

Fill the tank with water from the main tank. Then put them in the tank. They will support bacteria enough to handle their waste.

no I can net them they are in a breeder box right now floating in my 29 gal just dont know how to make the transfer safe for them and keep the tank cycled

Fill the tank with water from the main tank. Then put them in the tank. They will support bacteria enough to handle their waste.
ok so they will have enough of a load......now just fill the container with the tank water from the main tank then net them and just put them in the 10 gal?.....sorry just want to do this right:confused:

Yes keep the temps close to the same and you should be good. By using tank water it will be the same so no acclimation needed.

Yes keep the temps close to the same and you should be good. By using tank water it will be the same so no acclimation needed.
yea the temp in my 29 gal is 79 and its 76 in the 10 gal so guess I have to try and rase the heat a little......right now I have the 2 peppered cory I used to cycle the tan as soon as I add the fry out they come well maybe befor, lol

You can leave the cories if you want they wont bother the fry.
oh really???? cool I thought they might eat them:confused:...good cause I do want to leave them at least till I get my 55 gal and get it set up

Absolutely cories are the epitome of friendly. I think newly hatched egg laying fry might be in danger that is about it.

Back
Top Bottom