Please remember

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
To disconnect your hoses BEFORE you try and take the top off of your canister filter. :oops: :oops: :oops: I ended up with about a gallon of water on my carpet. Some of it ran under my stand and I cant get to it. :evil:
It was kinda funny because at first I couldn't figure out why all this water was pouring out of my filter :lol: DUH!

Ditto - Good thing someone advised me to place the canister in a bucket. Although I have to admit to another mistake. I disconnected the intake hose from the shut-off valve while it was still submerged...nice little lake formed afterward.

Rondory said:
reminder to self....put canister in bucket.

Thank you for the tip!

But if you put the canister in a bucket, if the water overflowed wouldn't the water get to the electrical part of the canister? And if it REALLY over flowed, wouldn't the canister end up partially submerged?

Thats the only reason ive never put mine in a bucket...

hmmm

My Eheim and Fluval cannisters have auto shut-off valves that close whenever the filter is opened. Even still, there is always about a cup or two of water that spills out. Good thing I have both filters sitting in Rubbermaid tubs.

Another thing, if you have an XP3, make sure you place the priming cap on before you turn it on, lol. Did that one a couple weeks ago. The water didn't go to the spraybar, lol. All I got was gurgle, gurgle, gurgle, lol. No intake. Took a few seconds to figure out what was wrong, lol.

Back
Top Bottom