please tell me about ottos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FishyFreddy said:
I have a couple of questions about ottos too. Ive got quite a bit of brown algae growth in my tank. Although I know itl just go when it wants too I would like a bottom feeder.. Erm my issue is my tanks only 7.5 gallons and I am getting two dwarf puffers for it in a weeks time. That means I can't really get snails or shrimps as they will just get eaten. Is my tank too small for a pair of ottos? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

I think dwarf puffers would be aggressive towards ottos. And they would definitely eat any snails you put in. I am not sure about shrimp though.

maxwellag said:
I think dwarf puffers would be aggressive towards ottos. And they would definitely eat any snails you put in. I am not sure about shrimp though.

Noo. I was worried that would be the case. Most puffers eat ghost shrimp and others alike but some people have some luck and the puffers leave them alone. However, the problem I've got is that I can't really afford to trial and error with shrimp as I'd have to order them as none of my lfs' do them! My last hope was ottos haha.

Back
Top Bottom