Please try to identify my fish,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KRAKEN

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive had a mystery fish in my 10gallon tank for a long time now, can some one help? I know it's not a gold fish... Well I don't think it is

Attachments

• image-145224289.jpg
    image-145224289.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 144
How big do they normally get? He has bin growing pretty fast

And will my 10gal be ok for it's full life span? I have a 20 gal I could use

Yep, it looks like a shubunkin (type of goldfish). They can grow quite large & realistically belong in a pond. 10g is much too small for him- i would move him to the 20g for now & then look into rehoming him into either a very large tank or a pond. They can live well over 20yrs & grow well over 12inches (up to 18in).

He should be ok in the 20 gallon for a couple years right? If my water quality is PERFECT ? I'm hoping to get a 200gal for my pair of tiger oscars and I could put him in a 55gal once I move my oscars

Can I ask how long you have had him? Goldfish do the largest portion of their growth & development in their first 3yrs of life & need ample room to develop properly.

Aprox 5-6 months, he is super active, and only has one tank mate, which is a rosey red that's under a inch long ( the rosey red was the last one alive in the Oscar tank and he was just bouncing off the walls in fear so I saved him lol ) but the second the rosey was put into the tank the shubunkin tried to eat it but now they are good tank mates

Get him moved asap- hes still fairly young. He wont last long in a 20g though- maybe a few mths as long as you stay on top of water changes. You can expect him to grow as much as 1/2in (or possibily more) a month with adequate food.

He's going to have to wait till at least after Christmas to go to the 55 gal when I get my 200 gal, I meen I could put him in the 55gal now, but he will be digested by tomorrow lol

Just added gravel to help grow BB but the fish to tank ratio seems to be ok for now

Attachments

• image-291291558.jpg
    image-291291558.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom