plec advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi I have a bulldog plec and bristle nose in my 50 gallon, my bulldog who is 2 inches is bullying my 5 inch female bristle. He jumps on her back and rips her fin, won't let her eat, even tried feeding them at different ends of the tank which makes no difference. The only other tank i have is my 16gallon, any advice would be appreciated as i have had my bristle since she was tiny and don't like her getting hurt. Thanks

I'd move the bulldog for now. Rearrange the tank and let the female bnp heal. When she's back to full health, you can rehome the bulldog and since the tank is rearranged, it will think it is in a different tank. Or you can keep the bulldog in the 16g until its to big. If your BNP is 5 inches there's a safe bet that its male

I'd move the bulldog for now. Rearrange the tank and let the female bnp heal. When she's back to full health, you can rehome the bulldog and since the tank is rearranged, it will think it is in a different tank. Or you can keep the bulldog in the 16g until its to big. If your BNP is 5 inches there's a safe bet that its male

Thanks, not sure if there's room in my 16gallon for him got a betta 3 cories and apple snails. I do have two filters running though. The bulldog hasn't grown since i got him two years ago i think he was stunted by his last owner. Do you think there will be room for him?

IMO, If your bulldog was mean to one bottom feeder in a 50, then he'll be mean to the cories in the 16. Depending on your stock in the 50, could you move the cories?

IMO, If your bulldog was mean to one bottom feeder in a 50, then he'll be mean to the cories in the 16. Depending on your stock in the 50, could you move the cories?

He got on fine with the cories, I moved them out of the 50 gallon as they were stealing all my elephant nose food. I, ll give it a go and see what happens. The last thing I want to do is re home him i get attached to my fish lol

Back
Top Bottom