pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. they are fairly sensitve to any salt and making them live in water that is even on the low end of brackish will most likely result in death

a.tetreault said:
No. they are fairly sensitve to any salt and making them live in water that is even on the low end of brackish will most likely result in death

Agree. Like cories, plecos don't do very good with salt.

I had looked it up on google though and every website that I went to said that they can so I was just kinda looking for a second opinion

I'm not sure what you googled but I just googled "common pleco brackish" and every site says no. They can only tolerate very little salinity in the water.

Guppies are fresh....

I hate salt in my tank!

FRESH FRESH FRESH

Most fish are fresh anyway.
Up to u

A little salt maybe, but they're not a true brackish fish.

Do you know the difference between a little salt in your tank and brackish? Let me put it this way, are you tossing some freshwater aquarium salt in the tank or are you using marine salt to establish a true brackish tank? Are you using a hydrometer to get your salinity level?

I don't believe salt is needed with guppies, they are freshwater fish, if you remove the salt then you could possibly add a pleco.

Are you tossing some freshwater aquarium salt in the tank or are you using marine salt to establish a true brackish tank? Are you using a hydrometer to get your salinity level?

Since it's not "your first rodeo with salt", maybe you could respond to the questions above. :)

Back
Top Bottom