Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can anyone ID this pleco? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407452650.259763.jpg

He is gold with black spots

Also what could I feed him I do not have any algae wafers but he did clean a nice chunk of algae off the wall already :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot see it very well, but it looks like a sailfin. That will be a large fish, so I hope you have some space.

I cannot see it very well, but it looks like a sailfin. That will be a large fish, so I hope you have some space.

I will see if I can get a better pic. He also has sorta stripes near his head so that's what I'm questioning..... Could it possible be a hybrid?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407460546.528086.jpg here's the head he's on the back of the tank so had to zoom in a lot. I'll see if I can get any other pics

To me, it just looks like a normal spotted sailfin pleco. It is young, and their pattern changes a bit depending on how they feel and what kind of area they are sitting on.

Ok he's really eating the algae off the glass do sailfins like that?

Yep. They will eat the flakes too. Even my bnp will come out and chase down the flakes as they fall. Most algae wafers have fish meal in them as well. But, you have to read the ingredients to know what is in an individual food.

Back
Top Bottom