Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to StyleUK
Pleco?

Hi everyone,
Just wondering how I can get my pleco out more, not sure what kind it is, it's just big, 6.4". Does'nt clean much, just eats the algea tablets when it feels like it, also eats apple for some reason, the apple is usualy for my snails but it just seems to like it

Do you think it's too big? I know my tank is overstocked, but i've got really good filteration for the small tank I have so it's really clean all of the time.

What can I do if it is too big? And how much is it worth? Oh one last question sorry, Can you post some pictures of plecos you have so I can compare them and eventualy find out what pleco mine is.

TIA

Love you all, you're such a great help!

Old 04-04-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

i think you may have better luck in the fresh water section. most plecos like to eat in the dark..there may not be anything you can do

doug

Old 04-04-2005, 05:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via MSN to StyleUK
yeah, sorry gotta remember where I click sometimes. Would be ace if a mod could move this please Sorry to be a bother.

Sorry about this, but I was looking around the gallery and found a pleco that looks just like mine only smaller. Could anyone tell me what this is please?[/img]
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

looks like a common pleco...if it is they get super huge and then they are pooping machines

doug
Old 04-04-2005, 05:49 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree it looks like a common pleco. As for him being lazy, some just are. I don't know how to tell you to get him to be more active.
Worth is in the eye of the beholder. Mine are priceless but, most fish stores (not sure about the UK) won't give you anything for them. I don't have a pic of a common pleco but I have a pic of a sailfin in my gallery. I think. Check out planetcatfish.com. Do a search for common pleco and see what you think.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:07 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Welcome to the more colorful side of the hobby! Anyways, click on the link below for different plecos infos.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/s...cfm?pCatId=837
Old 04-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree, looks like a common pleco.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks almost like my pitbull pleco(lda25)
penpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:46 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to megladonsharky Send a message via MSN to megladonsharky Send a message via Yahoo to megladonsharky
It aint a pitbull they are small this one is over 6 inches

3-4 gallon with 80gph ... Planted lightly three white clouds ( Birtha Clara and Delila) and some snails (mainly melodys snacks)

9 gallon with 130gph , heated with male betta (Trafalger RIP)Kaden ( a male betta)has moved in, pygmy cory (MaMa) , pitbull pleco(Metal), three preacox rainbows( Annabel, Glitter and Mondo) and various snails...
megladonsharky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com