Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StyleUK

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,
Just wondering how I can get my pleco out more, not sure what kind it is, it's just big, 6.4". Does'nt clean much, just eats the algea tablets when it feels like it, also eats apple for some reason, the apple is usualy for my snails but it just seems to like it :)

Do you think it's too big? I know my tank is overstocked, but i've got really good filteration for the small tank I have so it's really clean all of the time.

What can I do if it is too big? And how much is it worth? Oh one last question sorry, Can you post some pictures of plecos you have so I can compare them and eventualy find out what pleco mine is.

TIA

Love you all, you're such a great help!

:x yeah, sorry gotta remember where I click sometimes. Would be ace if a mod could move this please :) Sorry to be a bother.

Sorry about this, but I was looking around the gallery and found a pleco that looks just like mine only smaller. Could anyone tell me what this is please?[/img]

Attachments

• pleco.gif
    pleco.gif
    45.3 KB · Views: 208
I agree it looks like a common pleco. As for him being lazy, some just are. I don't know how to tell you to get him to be more active.
Worth is in the eye of the beholder. Mine are priceless but, most fish stores (not sure about the UK) won't give you anything for them. I don't have a pic of a common pleco but I have a pic of a sailfin in my gallery. I think. :? Check out planetcatfish.com. Do a search for common pleco and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom