Pleco battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just added an albino bristly nose Pleco to my 29g, there was already a regular bn in there, they're both the sane size, about 1 1/2 inches, they are now doing some sort of ying-yang fighting/mating thing, anyone??

Are they both males? I just added a bn back and the males were head to tail sorting out territories again and who gets the best cave. Seems to have settled down over-night.

It's too soon to tell I think, no pronounced "bristles" growing yet . It is the head to tail tango you speak of though, hopefully it settles down.

They are odd, I've noticed they will try to chase each other away from wafers so I usually feed in three spots and it kind of works until two get too close. Then off they go, leaving the mollies a clear run at the wafers.

I just took back my queen, 4" bn, she'd clear out the front of the tank as soon as pellets hit the gravel! Blasted my yellow rainbow pretty hard, sad to take er back

I had 2 female BN plecos in my 36 gal. At about 4 months old they would have territorial fights and chase each other away. In my opinion if you're going to have more than one you need more space. I gave away one of mine so they could have more room.

I have keep 2 mature male bristlenose Plecos together with no aggression issues. Recently I moved one of them to a different tank for breeding. Hopefully with enough space and hiding spots they will not show too much aggression towards each other

They seemed to have relaxed a bit, just fed pellets, not even a bit of aggression, chalking it up to first day of school scenario.. I do plan on moving one once it gets larger than 3"

Back
Top Bottom