Pleco Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

godzilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
Rubbernose Pleco is doing something that drives me nuts. I hear a sloshing around, then find him in the output of my AC 110 filter. he jumps up there, where is eyes/body are out of the water, but his mouth is in the running water of the filter. He stays just long enough for me to go get the camera, but never long enough to get the shot....

I use glass tops so there is no other spot for him to come out, but im nervous he will jump on top of the glass instead of back into the water while im not home.

i know there is nothing I can do about it, just wondering if anyone has experience similar behavior?

Mine do it all the time, sometimes for days at a time. Mine go there to eat the algae growing on the outflow or just to sit and get direct flow for some reason. I have a 5" BN that does it and he lifts the glass top when he does. Thought he would get hurt or trapped but he never has.

Rubbernoses like fast current (they come from fast-moving streams) and will go right to it in the tank.

Get him a powerhead for Christmas! :)

Back
Top Bottom