Pleco Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I will get some. Do they also eat the algie from the tank and decorations? Also do they eat the fish flakes?

They do eat algae from the tank but they need algae wafer as a supplement. People too often make the mistake of assuming they don't need to feed them.

What size tank your common in? They def need to be fed, they'll chomp on veggie wafers, veggies like cucumber or zucchini, shrimp/krill pellets depending on type, and they mostly need wood, do you have driftwood?

Driftwood, algae wafers, blanched zucchini are my staple items. My bn pleco also eats hikari sinking wafers

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What size tank your common in? They def need to be fed, they'll chomp on veggie wafers, veggies like cucumber or zucchini, shrimp/krill pellets depending on type, and they mostly need wood, do you have driftwood?

I feed the fish shrimp pellets. Will the pleco eat those?

Also, I hate to be another "common pleco berater" but you are aware how large that puppy is going to get, right?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just so all the Pleco freaks are at ease here (including myself) common's get huge and therefor require a huge tank..

Yes, I found out after the lfs sold it to me. I have a friend that has a 300 gal he'll go to when it's time. He's only 4 inches right now.

Yes, I found out after the lfs sold it to me. I have a friend that has a 300 gal he'll go to when it's time. He's only 4 inches right now.
mehhh than there's the whole stunting thing; not trying to hi jack here .. I'm sure you'll do the right thing. My Pleco's go ballistic for krill pellets, never knew how aggressive they could be. But watch out tank, Pleco's coming through.

Back
Top Bottom