Pleco ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
This little pleco (I think it's a girl) is about 2.75". Was bought as a Bristlenose, but about 4-6 weeks later developed an off-white spot on the tip of the rear tail, and the same on the dorsal, though that spot is more tan than the one on the tail. Just wondering what type of pleco this little girl is.. Sorry the pics aren't the best.

This little pleco (I think it's a girl) is about 2.75". Was bought as a Bristlenose, but about 4-6 weeks later developed an off-white spot on the tip of the rear tail, and the same on the dorsal, though that spot is more tan than the one on the tail. Just wondering what type of pleco this little girl is.. Sorry the pics aren't the best.

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/Sydney_Scotty/media/25GalHexPlanted/photo13_zpsc542ccc1.jpg.html

http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/Sydney_Scotty/media/25GalHexPlanted/photo12_zpse38e26d8.jpg.html

Wow I haven't heard from you in a while! That's a common bristlenose. Maybe if you got a better shot I could help you more. She can be a clouded BN but I doubt it.

And to above, you got me, good joke haha.

Yeah, been slacking on my time on here! Haha.
I have never seen the bristlenoses with the white on the tail and top fin before though?

It's similar, but the white doesn't span all the way across the fins. There are some Pleco's that have a similar white pattern, but the spots on the body aren't the same. I'm stumped.

Could she be a starlight BN?

No way that's a starlight, she just still has her Juvie white tips.

Also Scotty how are the bumblebee gobies holding up?

Do the patterns look like this?

Attachments

• image-1752472307.jpg
    image-1752472307.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image-213621351.jpg
    image-213621351.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 52
No way that's a starlight, she just still has her Juvie white tips.

Also Scotty how are the bumblebee gobies holding up?

So female Juvie BN pleco's have the white tips? Interesting.. How come they weren't there when I got her?

To the best of my knoweldge, they all died.

So female Juvie BN pleco's have the white tips? Interesting.. How come they weren't there when I got her?

To the best of my knoweldge, they all died.

Simple, she grew back her fins under the proper care that you provided.

one of my male BN still has his white tips, and he's 3 inches. I don't think It matters gender wise.

Alright. Thanks for ID'ing her for me. I have never seen the white tips on BN Plecs before so I was worrying it was something else! Just wanted to make sure what ever type she is would fit in the tank she's in... (25g hex)

Back
Top Bottom