Pleco ID again please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have so much trouble telling the difference between small bn and small commons. Guessing this is a common?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1442500699032.jpg
    1442500699032.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 1442500711148.jpg
    1442500711148.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 72
If female if it's bn. It's like 3+ inches right now

Gotcha. Not used to seeing commons when they are smaller

Ok. According to my mother this bn was bullying the Clown pleco. She took the Clown pleco out and put it in with 2 females and a male bn. The bn in the picture is alone with guppies. Is this a good idea? Should the Clown go by himself and the bn go with the other bns?

It seems your mom has a Pleco problem hehe...

I say BN as well, not the pattern of body/fin shape of a common.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

You can put them wherever you would like, but the clown is going to need some wood wherever it ends up.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can put them wherever you would like, but the clown is going to need some wood wherever it ends up.

Yep. They are a wood-eater.

Speaking of which... If you haven't seen the wood-gel stuff by Repashy, its like a thing to feed wood-eating Plecos, then look it up. Maybe you'll get the jokes on it too...

That was off topic... But yeah, Clown Plecos need driftwood and all the stuff that grows on the driftwood.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Yep. They are a wood-eater.

Speaking of which... If you haven't seen the wood-gel stuff by Repashy, its like a thing to feed wood-eating Plecos, then look it up. Maybe you'll get the jokes on it too...

That was off topic... But yeah, Clown Plecos need driftwood and all the stuff that grows on the driftwood.

Haha yeah, I was ordering more mix when I saw it and almost fell out of my seat laughing. His line of foods is excellent though.

Nah bristle nose you can see tiny bristles could be male or female only time will show

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I did see the Repashy formula for wood consuming plecos. Lol lol

It seems your mom has a Pleco problem hehe...

I say BN as well, not the pattern of body/fin shape of a common.

Yes she certainly does. She didn't even realize there were 2 of them in that tank in her room. I spotted while I was checking up on the fish. At least it's in her tank and not mine this time.

Haha yeah, I was ordering more mix when I saw it and almost fell out of my seat laughing. His line of foods is excellent though.

Lol just looked it up, having a hard time not laughing in class :ROFLMAO:

Lol. I use his products and now Ted's fish room has his own line but made at the Repashy factory. I bought some of that too. It especially meat eating plecs

Back
Top Bottom