Pleco identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i rescued this pleco a bit ago and he was in a 5.5g tank for his life before we got him.

After i moved my res from my 29g to my new 75g, i moved my fish from my 10g into there and my pleco in there.

It has been pretty spooked recently, so this is my best opportunity for a picture. If you guys can tell what species it is then i can figure out what size tank he will need.

20171213_204139.jpg

And just saying i know his fins are in bad condition. I dont think that the previous owner didn't do a single water change :(
Its a bristlenose, could be female as females don't have as many as males if any at all, they could be very short also, how old is the pleco as you might have to wait a few cause their bristles come in when they mature

Thanks for helping, maybe ill be able to keep it, bristlenoses dont get that large right?
No not really, I've had mine for about 4.5 years and he's only 2.5-3"
Plecos hide but if you could possibly get a pic of his front (don't use your flash it will blind the fish) it would be a guaranteed identification, but definitely isn't a common

Back
Top Bottom