Pleco in 30 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I think he will be OK now. Keyholes are generally peaceful fish. And even if they keep being mean to him, he can always retreat when he needs to. Just keep an eye on it.

If it gets really bad should I put him in my 10 gal with my betta? And alright I think he's good now. Just got a lil scared cuz I just got him haha

At least you have it easy. Im new to all this and the guys at petco let me put a common Pleco in a 20 gal. -_- and I'm not talking about just one, he let me do 2!!! Major headache but I'm planning on getting a new tank in a couple months now that I know what to get.

If it gets really bad should I put him in my 10 gal with my betta? And alright I think he's good now. Just got a lil scared cuz I just got him haha

Well, a 10 gallon IMO is a bit small for a BN pleco, and who knows, your betta may attack him too......but I am glad to hear he is being left alone now:)

Ouch... Haha my motto is. Always always research before you buy. I haven't bought anything without researching. Except Angels... I had them for about 3 days then regimes them haha

bud29 said:
Well, a 10 gallon IMO is a bit small for a BN pleco, and who knows, your betta may attack him too......but I am glad to hear he is being left alone now:)

The ten gal is planted so he should be fine, and I was thinking about just leaving him in there till he gets bigger, but I'm sure he'll be fine in the big tank. Plus I've been keeping my light on too long so I have a lot of algae on my glass... So the lil guy has a lot of work ahead of him hahaha

Pckerfreak44 said:
Ouch... Haha my motto is. Always always research before you buy. I haven't bought anything without researching. Except Angels... I had them for about 3 days then regimes them haha

I know, that was a mistake on my part too. I thought they would be easy to keep like any other goldfish but then I learned about cycling and all that which made me so stressed out and because off it I lost a Dalmatian Molly ):

I don't keep the lights on for too long, my bigger Pleco loves being in the dark

Aquavic said:
I know, that was a mistake on my part too. I thought they would be easy to keep like any other goldfish but then I learned about cycling and all that which made me so stressed out and because off it I lost a Dalmatian Molly ):

I don't keep the lights on for too long, my bigger Pleco loves being in the dark

That's so weird because the first fish I got was a Dalmatian Molly and I lost him because I didn't know about cycling or anything too.

Just a warning for anyone getting a BN pleco. Don't use a traditional net to scoop them up as they have spikes that poke out when they feel threatened I guess, and they can get stuck in the net. Mine did.

Brandon K.A said:
Just a warning for anyone getting a BN pleco. Don't use a traditional net to scoop them up as they have spikes that poke out when they feel threatened I guess, and they can get stuck in the net. Mine did.

I see. Thanks for the advice

Leave him in the larger tank as long as he is too big to be eaten. The "new guy" factor will wear off soon and everybody should relax.

Back
Top Bottom