Pleco-made air pocket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilDogs

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My husband and I noticed a few days ago that one of our plecos has made himself a small air pocket in his decorative skull. We expected him to jump to the surface for air seeing as hes in a beta tank and the beta gets overly stressed if we turn the waterfall on for long periods. We didn't expect him to behave like a teenager and bring the air to him so he didnt have to leave his hide-away. Is this normal or should we get the pocket out of the skull? We've been keeping an eye on it and it's been progressively getting bigger. Honestly, I dont think he can make it any bigger than it is with the opening right next to it, but I rather be safe than sorry.

Attachments

• 1512188092139876071005.jpg
    1512188092139876071005.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 57
My husband and I noticed a few days ago that one of our plecos has made himself a small air pocket in his decorative skull. We expected him to jump to the surface for air seeing as hes in a beta tank and the beta gets overly stressed if we turn the waterfall on for long periods. We didn't expect him to behave like a teenager and bring the air to him so he didnt have to leave his hide-away. Is this normal or should we get the pocket out of the skull? We've been keeping an eye on it and it's been progressively getting bigger. Honestly, I dont think he can make it any bigger than it is with the opening right next to it, but I rather be safe than sorry.
That's just from the current flowing through it, won't hurt anything

Back
Top Bottom