pleco needing a new home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbietofishes

Aquarium Advice Regular
It starting to look like my pleco is gonna need a new home :'( .. Am from the uk... Never had to sell or remove fish from my tank to pass it on to someone else... but it looking like i will but i dont know how to go about that..do lfs take fish if it unsuitable... Do i expect some form of payment for him/her dont want to hand him over if i am able to something in return (anything)

If your selling to an individual you can set a price. But most people that really need to get rid of something give them away for nothing or hardly noting at all. Some lfs do and some don't so you'll have to ask them to know.

If your selling to an individual you can set a price. But most people that really need to get rid of something give them away for nothing or hardly noting at all. Some lfs do and some don't so you'll have to ask them to know.

Agree, give him away for his/her benefit regardless of payment. I know some places credit you for fish, some won't credit you, and some won't even take them back due to they don't feel like doing the whole quarantine thing. I would ask around and if you can get$ for it, do it to it but if not let him go in exchange for better living conditions.

If it's a common pleco I doubt you'd get any money for it, you get get them cheap..unless if it's pretty big. Rare plecos can fetch a pretty penny though.

Money isnt important an exchange would be fab as would still want a pleco as i think they are great in a tank... (Zebra pleco is goregous my fave... want one, but 100 pound is way too much for me.... Temp wise it not suitable for my tank anyhow..
) its finding a home thats suitable and wouldnt know where to go to make sure this happen and wouldn't want to give him away for them to make money out of him... Will try lfs first... Got a little time yet for him to go to the right home.. He is small enough still to carry on in my tank for now (23cm and ive got 240l, water change is happening often enough to cope with his bio load for now i think)

Back
Top Bottom