Pleco situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
So when I set up my tank a few weeks ago I put in a small pleco to help with algae control. After not seeing him for over a week I put another in. And yet again I couldn't find the new one so I put a third in. Now today all three have surfaced and I'm not sure what that means.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

First off what size tank? They hide, they're nocturnal. Continuously adding fish when one disappears is kind of silly..no?? Now they're all out in the open like "someone's gotta go and it ain't me!" They can be territorial too. Most likely annoyed each other out of their zones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If this is 3 Commons and not a huge tank it's a recipe for ammonia soup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a 225g tank. I know it wasn't the best idea to keep adding but I couldn't figure out how they went missing or why

Two commons and a brown and white one that was labeled a common

Meh.. in a reasonably stocked 225 you can let them get lazy for a few months before you go.grabbing them out.

Sounds good. Thanks for the quick response

Sounds good. Thanks for the quick response

No problem,.I'm just an algorithm created by a fish nerd in another universe so I'm always around;)

Nice size tank! I was afraid you were going to say 29 gallon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ha. I'm already too addicted for a tank of that size. Go big and go broke?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452217915.820254.jpg
Anyone know what type of pleco this might be

type pleco

looks as if its a common,i had 1 in a 125 and it was 18 inches long when I sold it

This one is more brown and yellow. The commons I know are black

When I first got my male bristlenose pleco I hardly saw him for over 6 years. Now he comes out pretty often (even with the lights on). Though my female is put more than the male.

Chances are yours are just hiding and are probably coming out when you aren't around

They are POOP machines! You won't believe all the sludge you'll get out of your filter! I only had two bristle noses in my 20, and I was so grossed out by all the poop that I gave them to my LFS. I couldn't handle it, but it doesn't seem to bother some people.

They are POOP machines! You won't believe all the sludge you'll get out of your filter! I only had two bristle noses in my 20, and I was so grossed out by all the poop that I gave them to my LFS. I couldn't handle it, but it doesn't seem to bother some people.

If you clean your substrate and filters on a regular basis, that one happen.

Back
Top Bottom