Pleco with ram?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would a bristlenose or gold nugget pleco be alright with a bolivian ram in a 30 gallon?

Chronos313 said:
They would be absolutely fine I have 2 bolivians with a bristlenose

Thanks, sweet! Are there any fish I should avoid with a bn pleco?

Chronos313 said:
They would be absolutely fine I have 2 bolivians with a bristlenose

+1 plecos are lil tanks and know it lol

Thanks, sweet! Are there any fish I should avoid with a bn pleco?

Other BN plecos, as they can get territorial, and possibly real aggressive fish like african cichlids (africans sometimes eat the eyes of common plecos) but otherwise these are very peaceful fish that are OK with lots and lots of species.

bud29 said:
Other BN plecos, as they can get territorial, and possibly real aggressive fish like african cichlids (africans sometimes eat the eyes of common plecos) but otherwise these are very peaceful fish that are OK with lots and lots of species.

Ok, so cories would work then?

bud29 said:
Yes, just make sure the pleco gets enough to eat as sometime the more active cories will steal the pleco's food.

Ok, I will, thanks for the help!

Ok, actually I have a few new questions. My tank is obviously already established, and I know I need to add driftwood for the pleco. Will this drastically effect the health of my current fish? I have a couple guppies and 3 platies, as well as some cories and the ram. Also, which have you guys found to prefer, the bn pleco or the golden nugget pleco?

You would be perfectly fine adding driftwood you just need to boil it to release the tannins. My bristlenose loves dw. And it's a happy home

Back
Top Bottom