plecos and acrylic tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobolink

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can a pleco damage an acrylic tank? I have had some baby bristle nose plecos in an Eclipse 6 for a month and I noticed that they ate the algae off the tank sides but left a cloudy residue inside the tank. I tried scrubbing it today but it didn't come off. Could they chew into the acrylic???? :?:

Plecos can't damage acrylic...theres no way possible...you scrubbing it probally made it worse. Acrylic is never supouse to be scrubed except for with a special sponge/cloth. I highly doubt the pleco did it...Did you breed plecos?

I used an acrylic cleaning sponge. It looks like water spots only it's below the water line.

I didn't breed them but there is a person in our aquarium club that has a very prolific breeding pair of albino bristle noses. He auctions off 40 to 50 per month. I picked up 35+ last month for $13! :D They were all under 1/4" and I just put a few into each of my tanks. 30 days later they are between 1/2" and 3/4".

Back
Top Bottom