Plecos never to be seen again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fargodenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Added 2 Plecos to my 38 gal tank about 2 weeks ago and have never seen them again. I know they didn't jump out because the tank was moved within those 2 weeks and nothing is behind the tank.. ?

do you have a lot of structure in the tank? what are the tankmates? Plecos are notorius for hidding and they are really good at it!

Last edited:
They're in there. They've just found a really good hiding spot. Added a baby pleco to my 10 gallon and I rarely see him except for when I clean.

I've got an upside down catfish ( he needs a couple of friends) in my 40 and I only seem him when i clean as well.

They've made an art out of hide and seek.

Added 2 Plecos to my 38 gal tank about 2 weeks ago and have never seen them again. I know they didn't jump out because the tank was moved within those 2 weeks and nothing is behind the tank.. ?

What else is in the tank and what type of plecos did you add?

In the Tank

there are dalmation mollies, platys, tetra, guppies, clown loach and a hammers blue lobster. They all seem to get along with rare "incidences" between the loaches and the lobster.

Your clown loach needs buddies and a MUCH larger tank, about 125 gallons.

What kind of plecos did you get?

sally pu said:
THIS

and THIS

What does that mean?
Scott F no pleco should be in a ten gallon
A bristle, clown, or pitbull would work in a 20 but the other types need much larger tank especially the commons

What does that mean?
Scott F no pleco should be in a ten gallon
A bristle, clown, or pitbull would work in a 20 but the other types need much larger tank especially the commons

He's a 3 cm long, bristle nose. I have a 29 that'll be set up in a while and a 40 already running. I want him to grow more before i turn him loose with my tribe in the 40 gal.

My bristlenose wedged the sand down and got beneath my bridge bubbler. Then she got inside it!

mine did an excellent job of hiding too. I missed him for two days, came home from work gave the tank a good look over and found him attached to the back side of the filter inlet tube vents. he was gone. he was just small enough to hide behind it. I guess he couldn't extract himself from it. :(

I have 2 bristlenose in my 55 gallon and I rarely see them except for every now and then I started to think at one point that one had died but saw them both out one night in the middle of the night when the lights were off. More than likely they are just really good at hiding, especially if it's a fairly heavily decorate tank.

Back
Top Bottom