Pls help my fishy :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishhappy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys so I have have had my goldfish for about two years now. It is a 20 gallon tank with other goldfish that I bought about three weeks ago. These past couple of days I have noticed him just sitting at the bottom of the tank and today he is floating sideways, seems out of it, he has a slight red scratch around his mouth( pls refer to picture attached) Nitrate is at 80(unsafe) Nitrite is at 1.0(stress) Hardness is 300(very hard) Chlorine is 0(safe) Alkalinity is 40(low) Ph is 7.2(neutral) Ammonia .5(safe). I Am thinking about doing a 20% water change, and change some parts of the filter. The other fish seem fine and no marks. Any advise would be appreciated! Thanks

image-3005867120.jpg

Update:

Thank you all for ur help!
Thanks to you all for your input! I just did a 20% water change I can do 30%more. I am treating new water with Aqueon Water Conditioner, and was thinking of adding AmQual Plus Ammonia Detoxifier and aquarium salt(pls refer to picture)

image-3177423817.jpg
I am also going to buy "Maracyn Two" fish medication, should I isolate him when treating him for this or treat the entire tank? Thanks pp

One last thing, should I remove him from the tank and treat him with some medication? Thanks

Do a decent water change (50% or more) to get those trates down. Could be a mini cycle as your tank is overstocked and your bb probably wasn't able to catch up to the bioload.

See if the clean water helps him. Make sure you treat your tap water with dechlorinator like prime.

I don't know anything about meds because I don't use them, so hopefully someone will chime in about those soon.

If he is floating to the side like that it may be bloat. Whatever it is I think you should isolate your fishy and treat it with a medication that gets rid of internal parasites, fungal infections, bacterial infections and fin rot. If you do this I think the medication will get rid of whatever he has. I hope your fishy gets better!

Thanks to you all for your input! I just did a 20% water change I can do 30%more. I am treating new water with Aqueon Water Conditioner, and was thinking of adding AmQual Plus Ammonia Detoxifier and aquarium salt(pls refer to picture)

image-2248872136.jpg

I am also going to buy "Maracyn Two" fish medication, should I isolate him when treating him for this or treat the entire tank? Thanks ppl :)

View attachment 99707

I am also going to buy "Maracyn Two" fish medication, should I isolate him when treating him for this or treat the entire tank? Thanks ppl :)

I guess you could treat the whole tank because if what he has is contagious then it could treat the early stages of the disease for the other fish. If its not contagious then I guess it could work as a preventative against diseases for the other fish.:fish2::fish1:

Back
Top Bottom