Plumbing and equipment resources

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pentiumburner

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have scoured the available resources for information on plumbing and while I have found some help nothing that seems to match what is plumbed in a tank I recently aquired. The tank has 3 outlets in the bottom, evenly spaced across with the center tank having a small elbow that angles upward.

The previous owner had UGFS, (Rainbow/Lifeguard canisters (which I did find manuuals for) and a Del Rey model 125 Wet/Dry filter. Are there any resources for manuals etc that would describe the plumbing? Apparently Del Rey was a popular wet/dry filter but I cannot turn anything up on them on the web.

Thanks again!

It sounds like you have a drilled reef-ready tank. Not too many in FW have wet/dry sump setup ... so you might have more luck going to the SW forum, or the DIY forum which have lots of info on home-made wet/dry .... Once you know the basics of the setup, you can prob figure out the connections.

Since I made my own wet/dry I have no idea what the Del Rey hook up is like, but if you can post a pic of the wet dry and the tank holes, I can probably puzzle out the connections.

If you don't have any idea on wet/dry/sump, this is a good primer:
http://www.melevsreef.com/what_sump.html
Be sure to look at the links at the bottom for a 3 article series on sumps.

Note that the article talks about overflow box with siphon. Since you have a drilled tank, you don't need that. You would have an in tank skimmer box which is hooked up to one of the drain holes, from there you would connect that to the wet/dry, which would drain into the sump. The water would return to the tank from the sump either through one of the other drilled holes or just over the top of the tank.

Personally, I think that a UGF, canister and a wet/dry in one tank is overkill! How big is that tank & what do you plan to keep? You can probably get by with just the canisters alone in most situation, although a wet/dry with a nice size sump would allow you to have higher stocking levels. <I would forget about the UGF, unless you are into tearing down the tank every 6-12 months.>

Back
Top Bottom