Poke a dot loach.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

88mTransco

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so one really cool thing about working in a pet store is people bring in cool fish they can't take care of anymore. I got a poke a dot loach for $2.00 that is healthy and happy in my 75 gal. I noticed he likes to rest on the back of my rhino Pelco... I don't know much about poke a dot loaches.. So should I worry about him sitting on his back? Any thing you guys can also add about them would be nice to know as well. Thank you guys

Read up on angelicus botia or botia kubotai, they are other names for the same species. They really need to be in groups of 3 or more, or atleast with other similar types of loaches like yoyos or zebra loaches.
It's awesome that you got one for $2! They usually sell for $10-15!

They are never in any of the pet stores around here. I'll have to see if I can order some. I have been ding some reading about them. They didn't say much about it parking on bigger fish. Maybe its trying to scholar or "hang" with the big Pleco lol. Mhmm.

Agrees if you can get at least 2 or 3 more but that sounds normal for a loach they do some odd things haha.

The loach is doing great. I just picked up 4 yoyo loaches to put with him. He likes to ride or cuddle my common pleco. He sits right up on his dorsal fun. Or he sits with my albino corys. Do you guys think they will get along with blue rams?

I've paid at least 20 for both of mine! And they are attached at the fins now that I have them both! He probably was try to get Pleco to be his friend! Haha mine was alone for about 2 weeks because he was the only one I could find so he made friends with the heater, the rocks, the plants, and the filter.... :)

He has been by him self for since I made this post. I got the yoyos but IM scared the pictus in the 75 will easy them. They are super tiny. I have 2 rams in a 55 I am going to try and grow them out in there. I like the pokadot I don't want him getting all depressed and lonely. :(

He seems to be getting along with Pleco! When Baby (that's my original) was alone he became attached to me more than I think he would have if he had had other fish around. The moment he saw me walk in the door he would be splashing at the top and I would go over and talk to him and he wound get eye to eye with me! This was him when I brought him home ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389251478.368741.jpg he was soo tiny!!

They are soo cute when they are that tiny! My boyfriend and I have a small tiny animal addiction... We got a baby pea puffer just cause he was tiny and we wanted a puffer...

We just got in at work some tiny puffers. They fly around like little helicopters. It started with a 10 gal. With a beta for my gf.... Now we each have a 55 and my parents 75. We both work at different pet stores.... My house its going to be a zoo...

Hahaha my boyfriend just applied to a pet store!! And funny you said they swim around like helicopters! We are gonna do a military themes tank for Puffs( the puffer)!! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389252589.217362.jpg

And yours might be a zoo but I love on a farm :)

Back
Top Bottom