Poll: Have your fish ever been sick before?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have your fish ever been sick before? If so, what was the illness?

• Ich

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Popeye

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Swim Bladder

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Dropsy

• Parasites

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Injury [due to bullying]

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • My fish have never been ill so far

• Other (Please specify if I've left anything out)

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just wish the cories would have laid eggs while the angel was sick and lethargic! ... They might have stood a chance. (they lay eggs every two weeks or so but the angel eats them all within 24 hours :) )
Oh wow, that's awesome... how do you get your Cories to lay eggs so often? Do you do anything special?

I'm battling ich right now. I recently bought 3 neon tetras that seemed fine in the store (store had poor lighting). Once I got them home and introduced them into my community tank without quarantine (I know, I'm a BAD PERSON - won't do that again), I saw the white spots. This time I'm trying the heat/no meds method. After 4 days all the white spots are gone. I'm going to keep the heat up until Saturday to make sure I get all the little buggers.

Just lost a Convict Cichlid. The female was killed by the male after I removed the fry. If anybody can give some advice on that I would appreciate it. The fry were about 3 quarters of an inch. I moved her to another tank when I noticed her being mauled and at the time her injuries didn't look too bad, but they looked worse after she was moved and she died two days later.

Just lost four fish today while I was at school. Two still standing and they both have ick. One fish died and disappeared, and I can't find the body( to be honest, I think my cat got it) going to the store tomorrow to get some treatment for the ich. Anyone got some good tips?

I've had septicemia, ulcers, ich, worms, malawi bloat and a few unidentified diseases. But not in the past 4-5 years though.

Yup. Check the internet to see how the meds you buy will affect the fish you have. Some fish (like scaleless ones, catfish) will die from the meds if you treat the amount the bottle says, you sometimes have to treat weaker... Google it and you'll read a lot of results.

dkpate said:
I had a dwarf gourami get wedged in between a rock and the glass once too. I don't know how long he was stuck, but with clean water he healed up with little scarring.
My mystery snail also crawled out of the tank and had a 15 hour adventure behind the bedroom dresser, and she also got out for 2 hours and toured the living room. Every hole on the top of the tank is now covered.
Ok, I am getting off track here...LOL

Too funny

Hi everyone,
Thanks for voting. I'm sorry to hear about those of you who have lost fish to an illness.

Had a dwarf gourami with dwarf gourami disease. >_< And had parasites on a Badis.
Oh, what does DG disease look like? How do you know if your Dwarf Gourami had it? Mine passed away a few years ago, and I was thinking that could have been the cause but wasn't sure.

DG disease is really sad, the fish just wastes away. Mine started having problems swimming to the surface for air and became more and more erratic with his behavior till I had to move him to another tank. Eventually I just couldn't watch him suffer any longer and I euthanized the poor fish. RIP Rufus. :(

For the 4 years I had my 10 gallon I never had any case of ich yey me but I have had a couple die out of the blue maybe poor water quality or maybe stress. I think I lost one fish due to old age. I have also had injuries causing death but no major pariaite or anything my LFS is really good I guess : )

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom