pool filter sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You would have a pretty deep substrate. You might want something that messes around in the sand

I have only god know how many mts in the tank already ill just have to pick them out of the gravel when I'm scooping it out. How deep of a sand bed would I want ideally?

Haha 50lbs is wayyy more than enough. I didnt even use half my bag. You want like 2 inches of sand but its really up to you if you wanna go deeper or not

Make sure you rinse the sand really good by pouring some in a bucket and putting a garden hose in it and pushing it to the bottom and letting the cloudy water overflow until the water turns almost clear. Otherwise your water will be cloudy and it can grit up your filter

The filter has most of your bb. Just rinse really good. And most people prefer 2-3 inches. Some 4 if they are planting.

are mts a pain? What is there bioload and do they overrun your tank

I really like them I don't know about the bio load I wouldn't think it would be to bad and they used to over run my tank but I put 3 assassin snails in there and problem solved

Wash the sand in small quantities and it will go quicker. As well rinse until the water is clear, not almost clear.

I really like them I don't know about the bio load I wouldn't think it would be to bad and they used to over run my tank but I put 3 assassin snails in there and problem solved
so you dont see them EVERYWHERE? I am afraid I will see them too much and that wouldnt be pretty. 3 Assains is enough?

GodFan said:
so you dont see them EVERYWHERE? I am afraid I will see them too much and that wouldnt be pretty. 3 Assains is enough?

I see a lot but I wouldnt say I see to much..........anymore. and 3 assassins took care of my Infestation in about a month. Now I see enough that I don't have to worry about starvation of the awesome and that was with a 29 gal that I over feed if u don't over feed the helps a lot with population control

I see a lot but I wouldnt say I see to much..........anymore. and 3 assassins took care of my Infestation in about a month. Now I see enough that I don't have to worry about starvation of the awesome and that was with a 29 gal that I over feed if u don't over feed the helps a lot with population control
ok thanks. I like them but not millions of them... lol

Actually you can barely rinse your sand at all and then put it in a soda bottle and turn it upside down underwater in your tank and all the cloudy particles stay in the bottle and you can remove them. Thats why i said almost clear bc thats what i did and i forgot i used the bottle trick

ahhh, I'm new here and have no idea about abbreviations...what are mts and pfs???

Back
Top Bottom