Pool filter sand.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbuck

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking to change from gravel to sand in the next couple of weeks. Initially I was looking at a black sand but I have heard so many negative reports of either colour leaking out, the particles being too fine and damaging equipment etc I thought I would go for pool filter sand as I have heard a lot of people from different forums use it. I was wondering if all pool filter sand is the same or if I have to buy a specific type. Unless someone can recommend a good heavy black sand I don't have to worry about my equipment with then I may reconsider :p. thanks in advance for any input

Black diamond blasting grit its what allot of people use. I wanted it but can't fund it locally so i went for pfs just make sure it is silica sand and i think you will be alright.

I just turn OFF filters before working in sand tanks. And all my sand tanks have sponges over the intakes because they are 10g or under so the intake is near the bottom. And to protect my Shrimp.

I use Black Diamond and Tahitian Moon Sand.

Thanks guys. I have a juwel filter am I right in thinking they draw water in from right up top

Back
Top Bottom