poor fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was at the lfs today and saw a irridesent shark there that some one had brought in, the fish was about 8" and had been in a 20gallon tank for 5 years by itself, this was a very bad looking specimen al of its fines looked way too small for its body and both eyes where screwed up from hitting the glass but the left eye was some thing iv never seen before and hope i dont ever see again on a fish the eye stuck out about an inch away from the head and the retna was detached and you can actually see it rolling around when it swims, i feel so bad for this fish that i might buy it and either put it out of its missery buy putting it with the electric catfish or see if i can find some where too set up anouther one of my tanks.

Oh my goodness....that is terrible. a 20 gallon for 5 years! What were these people thinking? And further more, they should be ashamed of themselves for not doing enough research in 5 years to realize what they were doing was wrong. And, if they did in fact know what they were doing, then they should have to live in a closet for 5 years!! :x :x

Whew! I think I am done, lol.

You would think that would be considered animal cruellty.

It definitely make me feel better about my set up' right now because I know that its not going to be this way forever.
That poor fish1 :evil:

I hate people that are cruel to animals. Eye for an Eye, a tooth for a tooth. Like lmw said, those people should be locked in a closet. Something should be doneto those people. But alas, not everyone cares.

Do not feed the shark to your catfish. You don't know if it has any diseases, or anything of the sort.

good point sixfootdaisy but my mind was changed when i went back there(i for got too pick up my salt)and they moved it intoo a 100gallon plus tank with some other fish, i know theres no way that it will ever fix the fishes problems but at least the rest of its life will be much better. i think people should face prosicution for stuff like that, because people do if they harm a dog.

Back
Top Bottom