Poor Guppies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rachael.chesnutt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just upgraded to a 15 gallon tank, and it's amazing. I had 4 Fancy Guppies left over from my 5 tank and thought I'd throw them in.

But then I realized with a 15 gallon tank, I can keep bigger fish in there! So excitedly I ran to the LFS and saw these pretty Dwarf Gouramies! But I only had room for one... the powder blue.

Sadly I left with only the one, cursing those stupid little Guppies and the room they were taking up. (They really weren't even pretty.)

This morning, I wake up and all four were dead. Just the Guppies. Everyone else was acting just as normal and healthy. (I noticed the Guppies hadn't eaten for a few days.)

So I got my water checked, everything was under control level wise, so I bought the other Gourami.

But now I feel bad because I think I murder my Guppies with negative thoughts. LOL!

Even though those Guppies were pretty battered after sharing a QT tank with a sick Betta. Whoops!

But atleast I have Gouramies now, but let this be a lesson!

Negative thoughts kill!

The two male gouramis are going to have serious territorial disputes in that size tank. Take one back, you will soon only have one anyway.

I imagine the water was a different temperature in the two tanks, which is what did in the guppies. I would not worry two much about the bad vibes theory.

Back
Top Bottom