Poor plecs.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All plecs rasp on wood, as it aids in their digestion. I have three ancistrus in my 55 and though they spend a lot of time on the driftwood I am in no danger of it going away, LOL!

i dont think plecos have teeth so the driftwood wont go away anytime soon, compared to us chewing on a piece of wood :/. and the poop is probally mainly from eating algae. since thats their main sorce of food

i dont think plecos have teeth so the driftwood wont go away anytime soon, compared to us chewing on a piece of wood :/. and the poop is probally mainly from eating algae. since thats their main sorce of food

Almost all Plecos will munch of some wood to help with digestion. This is usually in a small ammount and you would never notice it. Clown Plecos actually eat the wood as a food source though. The poop in my small tank is wood, you can tell just by looking at it. There are always a few green poops, and a sheet of wood colored ones around the driftwood 8O

More on the Clowns here:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/loricari/panaque/734_f.php

How could you pass up one of these Clown cuties!

clown.jpg

:p

Back
Top Bottom