Poor puffy bath!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2me

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a very new dwarf puffer (Gizmo) and I have just done an awful awful thing!!!

Doing my daily water change as had a slight spike since I introduced him last Friday....I was throwing away tank water into bath and I must have scooped him up by accident!!!! Luckily I spotted him as he flew towards the plug, got him into a cup and straight back into tank.

I don't hold out much hope, he is alive and I have left lights off but he must already be weak as he hasn't eaten in last couple of days :-(

V v sad, terrible fish person :-(

Awww, dont feel too bad. I think most of us have had a fishy faux pas or two. When I first started keeping fish, I had this gorgeous little guppy, and while I was doing a gravel vaccume, I either sucked him up or dropped gravel on him, but either way, he got buried into the gravel and didn't make it. I was so upset with myself, but have been much more careful with gravel vaccumes.

Hopefully your little guy will perk up and pull through

Awww, dont feel too bad. I think most of us have had a fishy faux pas or two. When I first started keeping fish, I had this gorgeous little guppy, and while I was doing a gravel vaccume, I either sucked him up or dropped gravel on him, but either way, he got buried into the gravel and didn't make it. I was so upset with myself, but have been much more careful with gravel vaccumes.

Hopefully your little guy will perk up and pull through

Thanks.....felt like I needed to confess! Really hope he makes it, if I could just convince him to eat!!! I think the pond snails in his tank are beginning to mock him ;-/

Hoping for a wee puffer sized miracle. X

Well my little guy has made it through that night after his traumatic incident but still not eating!! :-( so frustrating, just have to keep him in perfect water and keep offering him food.

Fish can survive a couple days without food. He's probably just in shock or something. Try not to get over anxious and pollute the water! We don't want THAT type of bath! :lol:

Fish can survive a couple days without food. He's probably just in shock or something. Try not to get over anxious and pollute the water! We don't want THAT type of bath! :lol:

I know it's hard tho :-/ I have removed the food every time (a few hours after) I offer him a couple of blood worms in the morning and then in the evening. There are also 3 pond snails growing very confident in the tank now!!

He is clearly very mad with me but seems more active today but still no luck with good......

To be continued....?

Back
Top Bottom