Possible GBR tank? 20 Long and 45 Need stocking help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everybody!

Here's the situation.

Unfortunately, about 5 days ago my female GBR died for currently unknown reason ;(. This has left her mate a widower. I currently have a 20 gal L tank sitting, mildly planted, not yet cycled, and a 10g tank that's pretty much just storage space for my plants.

I have 6 rummies, 2 neons, 2 peppered cories, and 1 male GBR

I'm thinking about making the 20L (which is in my room) a tank for the GBR 8 Rummies, and maybe some oto's or maybe just more rummies. I want a pair of GBR and some dither fish to make them feel more comfortable.

As for the 45, it's in a pretty major part of the house, so it needs to look cool as a cucumber. I'm thinking about just nuking it with neons, with maybe a school of cories.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Your idea for the 20 long would definitely work, as for the 45 forget the neons and go with cardinals, they tend not to mysteriously die like neons. Have you thought about maybe a group of threadfin rainbows to add a little flash to the 45?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your idea for the 20 long would definitely work, as for the 45 forget the neons and go with cardinals, they tend not to mysteriously die like neons. Have you thought about maybe a group of threadfin rainbows to add a little flash to the 45?

Apparently my first message didn't send from my phone, sorry for late reply!

I have actually had surprising success with my neons... my two lone neons have survived a 4ppm nitrite spike, and then some... If I got cardinals, what would I do with the leftover neons? :l

Threadfin rainbows look pretty interesting, I've never really known about them before, will definitely do some research.

If you have 2 survivors they would be fine with the cardinals and probably school with them.

My 45 stock is..
Tiger Barbs x7
Cherry Barbs x7
Bloodfin Tetra x5
Blue Gourami x1
Bristlenose Pleco x1

That may help you with ideas and how much you can get away with

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom