Possible mini cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse W

Aquarium Advice Activist
So shortly I'll be setting up my 75G in place of my 29. I currently have an aquaclear 110 on the 29. If I take this filter and let it cycle the 75 and replace the filter on the 29G with a brand new out of the box whisper 60 will it send my tank into a mini cycle? Possibly squeeze some biomedia from the aquaclear into the tetra? Opinions appreciated!
(unfortunately not enough room on the 29 to run both filters)

Will be using all new Substrate and decor as well so 75 may not cycle as soon as I want it too.

Most likely if you move the whole filter over, you will get a mini cycle in the 29. Can you divide the filter media in 2? This might still cause a bit of a mini cycle, but would be better than removing all of the bio media in the filter from the tank at the same time.

fort384 said:
Most likely if you move the whole filter over, you will get a mini cycle in the 29. Can you divide the filter media in 2? This might still cause a bit of a mini cycle, but would be better than removing all of the bio media in the filter from the tank at the same time.

I do have 2 separate bags of bio media so I can split them up. That's what I was thinking of possibly doing.

Bbarb27 said:
Do you have room to run the whisper next to the Aquaclear now, before you move the Aquaclear to the 75?

Unfortunately no, I mentioned that before. They are both fairy large filters and my hood can't accommodate another filter. :/

Back
Top Bottom