Possible new fish, will they get along?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikkid1987

Aquarium Advice Activist
What other kinds of fish would be good tank buddies with glo tetras , harlequin rasbora , and fantail goldfish ? *dont lecture about the goldfish and how it needs to be in a different tank please please!* my fish are happy and until I get extra cash , my fantail has to stay put lol I just want to know what all fish would be good. I want some neons I know that for sure. But would like something besides tetras if its possible :)

of course im going to say the gold fish have to go, gold fish can live for a very long time but they wont get anywhere close to their live expectancy in the warm water that tropical fish require, and vice versa. Why not take them back to the LFS till you have a proper place to put them? now that ive said that. what size tank is this?

Agreed with army, most tropical water fish have higher end temperature(78f) witch is just too hot for a goldfish that need cooler temperatures(60-65 or 40f+ ponds). If you can re-home him as said, you will be able to add a lot more fish:)

Forget it . I've got them in a 30 gallon tank. Only reason she isn't in the other one is bc it's cracked and I have to get a new one. But no one can seem to read past the part where I mention the goldfish in the same tank as my other 3 fish,and I must continuously keep reading the same things I've been told before. I just asked what might go well with the tetras an the harlequin . Thanks anyway .

Agreed with army, most tropical water fish have higher end temperature(78f) witch is just too hot for a goldfish that need cooler temperatures(60-65 or 40f+ ponds). If you can re-home him as said, you will be able to add a lot more fish:)

Oh and I looked it up fancy goldfish water temps can range from 68-75 and can live in slightly cooler or warmer water.
Tropical fish are good at 74-82. So I should have just done a search online lol

Forget it . I've got them in a 30 gallon tank. Only reason she isn't in the other one is bc it's cracked and I have to get a new one. But no one can seem to read past the part where I mention the goldfish in the same tank as my other 3 fish,and I must continuously keep reading the same things I've been told before. I just asked what might go well with the tetras an the harlequin . Thanks anyway .
Probably other tetras:)

Yea figured there were other fish suitable to live with them. Guess not. Thanks anywa

Back
Top Bottom