Post pictures of your fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just took my fry tank down last week! Oh well, I had a 10 gallon with a sponge filter on one side, the other side was a floor of java moss held down by river rocks, and dwarf water lettuce as the floating plant. Bare bottom, and I raised a bunch of cool little swordtails, guppies, mollies, etc. in there :)

I just took my fry tank down last week! Oh well, I had a 10 gallon with a sponge filter on one side, the other side was a floor of java moss held down by river rocks, and dwarf water lettuce as the floating plant. Bare bottom, and I raised a bunch of cool little swordtails, guppies, mollies, etc. in there :)

wow it sounds like it was really nice...why you take it down?

wow it sounds like it was really nice...why you take it down?

It was pretty nice, but the only fish I really have right now are angelfish and I don't plan to breed them or raise little angel fry anytime soon, and the wife says I am only allowed to 2 tanks right now so I had to take it down lol

It was pretty nice, but the only fish I really have right now are angelfish and I don't plan to breed them or raise little angel fry anytime soon, and the wife says I am only allowed to 2 tanks right now so I had to take it down lol

lol...oh well that's a good enough reason...

Isn't 1.5 g a bit too small for some kinds of fry when there are too many of them?
I have a 10 gallon plastic bucket that I use to keep my goldfish fry in, I find it pretty large for them and it was also super cheap

I have a 1.5g tank that I use for newborn to about a month old platy fry. It also has two Otos and a few RCS in it for cleaning. I do not keep more than 10 fry in that at a time cause yeah, it's a little small but I do 45% water change once a week. I have a very thin layer of sand and a some ground cover plastic plants to allow for the fry to feel safe. I feed them the fry powder in that tank. The fry powder bulks them up, so after a month they are large enough to move to my 15g which houses them until they are large enough to go into my 55g or be sold. My 15g is completely decorated and I consider it a community tank with shrimp, Otos, sterbai cories and of corse various sizes of platy fry.

Back
Top Bottom